Print 

Author Topic: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions  (Read 58454 times)

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
Re: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

Unless you live in Australia/New Zealand, then by the time we hear you, you're already dead. :LOL:

yea...

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2008, 11:36:18 PM »

In the future, do this to "recover" lost-off-screen windows. (It happens to me all the time with stoopid Windows Photo Viewer....)

0) Try to assure that the window in question has "focus." I.e. It is selected somehow.

1) Press <ALT>+<SPACEBAR>. This will open the regular Windows menu for moving the window to another place. If, when you press <ALT>+<SPACEBAR>, you cannot see the Window, you only see the popup menu, press <DOWN ARROW> once and then <ENTER>.

2) Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window to a position where you can see it.

You might want to exit the window NOW, and restart the application to assure that it remembers the new ON-SCREEN position tho!  :doh:

Voila!

Double  :doh:

Just upgraded my graphics drivers and had the very same problem with various windows, but Vent was the worst to retrieve, i never thought to use my arrow keys!

Argh! I ended up going into the configurations setting.ini file for vent and deleting the "MainLocSize=#,#,#,#" line out. Basically that just resets the windows position to the center of the screen but flamin' nora... Spent a good 30 mins searching and learning how to do it... :LOL:

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
Uh-oh!

I've checked my settings countless times, yet have been unable to determine why my TTS isn't working!  I don't need it for all the frills, but I can't talk to Wixxie without it!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »
Uh-oh!

I've checked my settings countless times, yet have been unable to determine why my TTS isn't working!  I don't need it for all the frills, but I can't talk to Wixxie without it!  :'(  :'(  :'(

Even though you said that you checked your settings....:

Open Ventrilo, select the Setup button, then Speech tab....

Is "Play Text-to-speech message sent by other users" checked, and is the volume on something other than "a real low number?"

Can you here the computer voice for other things in Ventrilo, like announcements?

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
Yes and yes and I hear WAV but never TTS

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »

Check that TTS is working in Windows.... BTW: this IS Windows XP, right? If it's Vista 1) my instructions may not be correct and 2) nothing I say may apply....  ::)  :winkgrin:

Start -> Control Panel -> Speech to bring up the Speech Properties window, then click on the Preview Voice button and see if that works.

Also, check that "Use the default output device" is selected within the Text to Speech Sound Output Settings window under the "Audio Output" button. (And that you've got "Use DirectSound Device" set in both Ventrilo settings....)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:55:16 PM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 07:23:24 AM »
Ack! It is Vista ...  :-X

Offline Haunted

• Posts Too Much
    • ummm..
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »
just tried getting on vent and the window popped up like it usually does. i clicked connect and it said the usual voice saying i have connected but nothing changes. it doesnt show who's on vent and the stuff thats supposed to come up  :angry:.

i havent changed any settings since i last used it. is the vent server down? can someone help please?

thanks in advance
ice cold

BFM_Vinci has sorted it out - i didnt know the IP had changed  :doh:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:57:20 AM by ice cold »

;D by me ;D

;D Thanks Hlao! ;D

;D Thanks Spood! ;D

Offline =TH= Batman

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 08:59:20 AM »
check here ------->Announcements

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
HELP!  :-\

Can someone with Vista compare Vent settings with me please and let me know what your Text to Speech settings in Control Panel look like please??

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
I can't get on to BFM vent. I made a new computer account and when I get on vent all my details are gone so I think I have to make a new vent account.

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
Darkfyr: Use the same vent info.  Same name, server IP and port, password, same everything, and it should work.  If not then vent did something with your account, not your computer.

ColWalker: Not sure what you mean.  If you mean on Windows' Control panel, then I have Anna running, and there's not much else I can change.  On the advanced button, I have it set to "use preferred audio output device."
If you mean on vent, then on the events tab I have everything at TTS.  On the speech tab I have it play TTS messages sent by other users, text filter lvl 2, and phonetic if available.

I hope that helped.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline JARhead

• Junior Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
Alright, I just got vent access granted and am completely clueless on wat to do next.  Could someone plz give me some guidance here? Thanx.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2008, 07:47:09 PM »
Alright, I just got vent access granted and am completely clueless on wat to do next.  Could someone plz give me some guidance here? Thanx.

In addition to picking up in this ventrilo tutorial thread where you currently are, read the first post in THIS VERY THREAD once you're connecting - iff you want to use "voice activation...."

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »
HELP!  :-\

Can someone with Vista compare Vent settings with me please and let me know what your Text to Speech settings in Control Panel look like please??

Can't help ya with Vent stuff, but Text-to-Speech, yes.

-1) Open Control Panel
0) Go into "Classic View" (because I can't find the right panel in the regular one)
1) Open "Text To Speech"
2) Click the "Advanced" button
3) Click "Use Preferred Audio Device"
4) ???
5) PROFIT!
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Print