Print 

Author Topic: What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be  (Read 10798 times)

BFM_Nrvend

What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »
What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be.  There are members from around the globe that make up this incredible family. Individuals from all walks of life are part of the process that has come to make our servers so popular among gamers who want an online experience with some structure involved.  BFM’s membership is comprised of students ( jr high thru college ), parents, military personnel (from different countries), Dr s, paramedics, web designers, software engineers, publishers, entrepreneurs , office managers , musicians and many many more.  Point is they are all great people with all kinds of experience and everyone’s input has always been welcomed and considered important. You all are responsible for what BFM is and stands for. We have been called sheep, followers, people who do not think for ourselves or have a say in our direction. Obviously the above mentioned people are not just mere followers but more over achievers who have displayed an outstanding commitment to what BFM stands for. The prior statements are perpetuated by those who have no true knowledge of the works of BFM and basically are jealous of the success that we have achieved.  We are not alone with this success as there are other clans lead by good people that have also implemented a structured set of rules for their servers and do a great job of maintaining them.
I have been with BFM since June of 2005, I believe that BFM started either in April or May of 2005. So I have been here pretty much from the beginning. I had never been in a clan nor did I intend to ever be in one.  BFM intrigued me for all the right reasons. Somewhere I could race and not have to look at the constant barrage of foul language that some people would feel necessary to spew in game. I could never figure why people would stop and take the time to write that crap. Then BFM came along and it quickly became the only server I raced on.  I soon wanted to be part of this group and requested to join, the rest is history. Being here from early on I have had the opportunity to get to know the man who conceived and started BFM, Elvis. I can safely say that I know Elvis as well or better than anyone else in the online community. I am proud know Elvis and have great respect for him. I am amazed at his true sincerity and his passion to maintain the standards that he had meant for BFM to stand for. I have listened to others slander Elvis with no real knowledge of the man nor any basis to do so. Their statements  are made from either jealousy or ignorance. Without any facts to back them up. I have been there through all of it and stand behind Elvis 100%. His dedication to maintain our servers is relentless. He stands behind his commitments and has endured personal and unfounded attacks on his character, knowing that what he is doing is what is right for the younger members of our community. A lesser man would have given up by now.  I would have no concerns having my own children play on servers that are maintained by Elvis. That speaks volumes of my trust for him and I am proud to say that Elvis is a friend of mine.
The officers of BFM are also an amazing and dedicated group of individuals, they don’t just come in and race . They all give up a lot of their time to help manage the day to day   occurrences within the clan. It is akin to having a second job with no monetary payment. Their payment is the satisfaction of seeing the servers full and people enjoying their racing experience. A lot of the duties they perform intrude into their daily lives, some even into their work places, although they may not want that to get out.(lol).They come on to race and find themselves embroiled instead in clan business the rest of the night, and don’t mind doing so. Any company would be lucky to have any one of the officers in this clan working for them. 
Looking back to my beginning with BFM, recognizing past and current members, the officers, and Elvis. I have to say my decision to resign as a member of BFM is very hard. My decision to resign is based solely on the fact that I want to dedicate much more of my time to other projects at home and more time to my family. I am one of the lucky ones where my wife has supported my halo endeavors and had never given me issues about scheduling around scrim times. But I personally at times feel guilty when I sign on and spend the next three to four hours online. I have so many different projects that I had considered doing but had put off and have of late found a renewed interest in doing them.  I find I have less and less time to fill my role as an officer and also feel guilty that I cannot dedicate the time that many of your other officers do. I feel an obligation to do more and yet have not been able to do so. I would prefer to be able to know so many more of you than I do now, yet because of the time I am able to put in, this has not happened.  I feel it important for you to be able to know me better in a leadership position for you to have any trust in me, and I would rather this came from personal experience. Since it cannot, I feel that it is better that I make room for others with the ability to work closer with the members of the clan. Why not just step down rather than quit altogether? Good question.  It is hard for me to do something only half way. Being part of the leadership for so long, I know it would not be long before I would start sticking my nose back into the day to day operations. I might just also be a little selfish, meaning I can just come in and race while the rest of you do the work. With you guys around I know the racing will be fun.
Every time someone leaves, you hear the ( why is everyone leaving ) comment . Hey, such is life. People come and go, on the job, at school, and in the neighborhood. Rest assured someone will take our place and BFM will continue to grow. I had at one point felt that online gaming was nothing more than just that, online gaming.  But looking back I have grown to realize that is can be so much more. In BFM’s case it definitely is, so much more. This group helps each other with their home work, prays for members when they have family members with medical conditions, worry for members who have taken ill, helped members when their computers are not working and have been there for each other when they just need someone to talk to.  Wow, all this came from online gaming, becoming real life to some. I am also blown away by getting to know members from all over the world from this experience. The friendships formed while playing together have made the gaming experience even more special. For fear of leaving any one out I purposely left out names. But many of you have left an impact on me and I hope to continue on with our friendships, you just no longer need to call me sir. Nrv will do just fine.
Sorry for the long post just to tell you of my resignation. But I felt it important to share some of my knowledge of past history based on firsthand experience.

in the words of one of BFM's illustriust officers     BFM ROCKS
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:48:49 AM by BFM_Nrvend »

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
Re: What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Well said Nrv. I wish you well with your family and your projects. I also feel that BFM is much more than online gaming and am proud that I met u and evryone else here. I am proud to be apart of it. BFM has drawn people of your caliber time and time again and like you said it will continue to do so. The only thing you missed in your post is your impact on BFM. You are one of the reasons BFM is what it is. Your dedication and knowledge is exactly the thing that makes BFM the family it has become. For what it is worth you have my respect and I would love to see you around. Life is life and everyone must take there own way. I highly respect you and just want to say Thank You for all you have done for the clan. BFM would not be BFM without people just like you. Good luck Nrv and hope to see you around. :bravo: GJ!

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »
Awwwww Nrvend
I wish i could of gotten to know u better. I rarely got to speak with u even though i have been with BFM since the start of this yr. Blame the time differences. It would be ashame to see u leave and i know that u will be missed by many of the other members of BFM. However life always comes first, just hope to maybe see u racing in the server or even on vent in the not to distant future. Good luck with the projects or other things you have planned to do with the free time. U will be missed greatly by many many people :(

Good Luck and best wishes  :bravo:  :hobbyhorse: GJ!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:26:48 AM by BFM_Taipan »

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:25:17 AM »
Well Said.

Sad to see you go, never really got to know you.

Have fun in life.

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »
Nrv,
Being British are times never met to race, i can say from the stuff i have heard about you i wish we did race. The stuff you have done for this clan makes you an important part of BFM. As we say, family and real life does come first, but when you talk and interact with people nearly everyday, you build up a sense of another reality, and sometimes it can take you away from the real things in life.
You were a commanding figure in BFM, and i wish you all the best in the "real world", You will remain a legend amongst BFM.
Good luck, drop in some time ;)
¬Igor.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »
Nrvend,

While it is unfortunate we are losing your guidance and leadership, I completely understand and respect your reasons for doing so.

That said, I must say you can shoulder a large amount of credit for BFM being an amazing group of people. You led us with compassion, calm and poise. You have truly set an example for members and the growing leadership and earned the trust we have all placed in you and your decisions.

I'm saddened that you'll not be there for me to lean on but you are correct: someone else will fill those shoes. Because of the groundwork and example you, Elvis and others have set, whoever takes your place will have an excellent example of leadership to guide them.

Fair winds and following seas, boss. It's been a pleasure working with and for you. I look forward to seeing you on the track.

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

BFM_Wic

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
Nrv;
I originally kept my post short and sweet because I was frankly at a loss for words.  I’ve had some time now to think about it, so its time to revise what I wrote.  ‘Sides, I just HAD to get all mushy  :LOL:

Everyone here has done a great job of telling you what you have meant to this clan.  You have been a major part of the influence, the guidance, the glue, the ‘stuff’ that makes BFM what it is today and what will sustain it for hopefully a long time to come.

But for myself, its not just that for which everyone else also recognizes you that I wanted to comment on.  It’s the influence you have been on me that is uppermost on my mind right now.

I still remember the day in a server where we were both racing… I wasn’t even coming on vent yet at that time.  We’d exchanged some PMs about BFM and joining and I was hedging – “no clan for me!!” I expounded, more than once.  “I’m not the clanning type” I said…. Lol.  Anyway, that particular game another guest asked if I was part of BFM.  I said no.  Then, in the main you typed “Yes she is, she just doesn’t know it yet.”  Nrv the Sage…  ::)

Well here I am, thanks to many but mostly to you.  You’ve been the brakes I needed when my personality had me on runaway… the encouragement when I needed a friendly kick…. the guidance when I needed advice (whether I knew it at the time or not).  You have been a wonderful clanmate but most importantly, you have been a friend and confidante.

I’m sad for BFM’s loss of your leadership skills, but I’m not sad for you as I know this is something you have thought about for a long time.  I’m not sad for myself either as that would be selfish, plus I trust that we will stay in touch and remain good friends.  :)

BFM remains strong and will continue to be so, due in large part to the foundation you helped to build.

Blessed be, my friend.  Enjoy!!  :hug:
See you on the tracks!!  :yesyes:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:23:25 AM by BFM_Wic »

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 10:10:27 AM »
Nrvend, there’s not much I can really say, except:

THANK YOU!!!!

SO MUCH for all that you have done for this clan. You have the utmost respect of everybody here, and the above replies (and I am sure the soon-to-be below posts) show that.

I just want to say you have done a fantastic job as a General of this clan, and it is your input and hard work as one of the highest ranking officers that makes BFM what it is today.

Well done on making the right decision, I know it must have been a tough one. You should never let a "game" (although you can hardly call it that, with all the real life friends you have here :)) get in the way of what you want to do in the world outside of Halo. I wish you the very best of luck with your projects!

And what a speech! Thank you once again for sharing all of that. I know it means a lot to all of us here.

Offline AR~H@ngm@n

• Posts Too Much
  • ~Got rope? No worries, I brought enough for you~
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »
Although we only spent a bit of time in vent together, Nrv, it has always been a pleasure knowing your steadfast leadership was working behind the scenes.  I must say that your decision is the correct one and that you will be missed.

Good luck in your projects and whatever else may come your way!

Offline Baep

• Posts Too Much
  • A life?? Sweet! Where do i download one of those??
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
Pensioner, oh pensioner, pensioner...

Those were the days back then.. huh...

You have been one of the people I've missed talking to a lot, even if I'm ready to throw up over the smell of toast at 5am in the morning...You better remember that! or ill have to kill you even MORE then i used to!!

Anyway i can't believe the Dday has finally come.. anyway you're one of the few I've known that I've always talked to about anything on my mind.. and you've never judged me .. I'm sure you disagreed in some cases for certain reasons, but for the most part you were a friendly ear and tbh like an on-line dad. UGH *sniff* darn you, you old fart, i hate you!!

Thanks again for everything pensioner, If you're ever in a server sometime in the future, and dying 20 times (or so) wave hi to me as i sit in my gunning turret, doing my make up.

P.s i know your brain works at %5 most the time, its Shawty lol, just in case you didn't recognize Nikki.. Durr durr duurrrr

:hug:

I will always miss the days of me you Gnaeus Aj Petra Elvis Warlord Stealth cheese etc etc hanging out in our own lil' channel... Anyway ill shup' now... You really are a big chunk of glue that kept a lot of us together, thanks a bunch for everything, Later Nrv

UGH! PP.S  darn you... add some frikken paragraphs ... Turtle typer... yeah thats my new nick for you Mr. Turtle typer with your slow butt typing lmao!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:18:31 AM by Nikki »
- Baep

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 10:25:08 AM »
Well it's pretty darn obvious you've had a major impact here.  For that, I would like to say thank you, even though I never got to meet you on a personal level.  I wish you luck and hope to see you here often  :)

Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
Nrvend,

You are a great man.  Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

Offline MadWho

• Posts Too Much
  • 1.2.3...WAIT...1.2.3... NOO...1.2...AAWWWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
WOW....I am speechless after reading this post.  I really feel like crying, we too have a history, and it's been a great one at that.  I can say this, you are Mr Integrity and you always have a friend in me,  because I know I always have a friend in you. 

:o  :o :aaaaa: 

I don't know how to add much more to this or what's been said except to make you laugh, again, with some famous words from Patrick Swayzee.....

DITTO...

Love ya....ya big (old) lunk!!
--
It's A MAD...MAD...MAD...World!

Thank you BFM_Ben for AWESOME siggy!!

A ding ding ding ding dididing ding bing bing pscht...
Dorhrm bom bom bedom bem bom bedom bom bum ba ba bom bom...
Bouuuuum bom bom bedahm, Bom be barbedarm bedabedabedabeda...
Bbrrrrrimm bbrrrrramm bbbrrrrrrrrraammmmm ddddddraammm...
Bah bah baah baah ba wheeeeeee-eeeee-eeeee!!!

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
Aww. Its sad to see you go, Nrv. But, as you said, such is life. You're doing what you need to do, and we shouldn't really be that sad. Its for your benefit that you're leaving, and it is what must be done no matter how hard it is. Of course this doesn't change the fact that is it hard to see you go, but knowing that you're going to be happy still, and that you're dedicating your time to what you enjoy doing, and to your family is enough for me. Be sure to drop by once in a while, it'd be a welcome sight...

:hugs:

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 11:08:58 AM »
Bye Nrvend, All you said is true, Good Luck in life.  ;)

:UFO:

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n
(July 07)

Print